Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Top Games of the week

It’s hard to believe the football season is already here. It seems like only a few weeks ago that champions were crowned.

In the television sports world, the beginning of fall and the high school sports season signifies a renewed sense of “work.” During the summer months, things slow down considerably. It gets to the point where you’re almost bored. Fortunately, there is always the glimmer of Friday Night Lights in the distance.

I look forward to offering my thoughts throughout the season and into the playoffs. On a typical Friday night, I’ll be at two different games. Those are the games I’ll have the most insight into in this blog. Otherwise, it will simply be a reflection of the week that was…and the week to come.

Speaking of the week to come…here are my top five games for this week:

Harrisburg at West Central
Sisseton at Milbank
Lincoln at Pierre (Saturday)
Central Lyon/George-Little Rock (IA) at West Lyon (IA) - CLGLR is down again, but the rivalry trumps talent
Roncalli at Redfield/Doland

-Jim Nelson
KSFY Sports

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picked up my copy of the KSFY Pigskin Preview at lunch today. First word that comes to mind is...

PROOFREADER

Anonymous said...

hey be happy you got your copy. they are nowhere to be found in my town... not good considering the games are 2 days away...

Anonymous said...

Sisseton is for real! This team destroyed the defending champs on their home turf. Most balanced I've seen in many years.

Blog Archive

South Dakota High School Football